Heat Pump Repair & Installation Service in Columbia, SC
Cool Care Heating & Air is a Factory Authorized Bryant Dealer, and we specialize in heat pump installation and heat pump repair. Heat pumps are a very efficient way to heat and cool your Columbia, SC, home. Using a minimum of electricity, heat pumps essentially “pump heat” from one place to another. Warmth is pumped out of the house for cooling and pumped into the house for heating. In winter, heat pumps extract warmth from the air or ground outside and move it indoors to heat your home. In summer, heat pumps extract the heat from inside your home and move it to the air or ground outside.
Heat Pump Repair Experts
There are a few things to watch for if you have a heat pump. If your heat pump has developed any of these symptoms, call the NATE-Certified technicians at Cool Care Heating & Air to set up an appointment to have the unit checked out. Our technicians are factory trained, adhere to strict installation and service procedures, and provide maintenance and heat pump repair on all makes and models. We are on call 24 hours a day, for Emergency Service, and for every job we arrive promptly, prepared to complete all work with minimal intrusion.
- Noisy operation
- Insufficient heating or cooling
- Utility bills are increasing
- Heat pump continually cycles on and off
- Ice on the outdoor unit that won’t melt off
- Freon leaks
- Heat pump stuck in one mode
Why Install A Heat Pump?
- You’ll only need one heating and cooling system instead of two. Rather than having an air conditioner for summer and a furnace for winter, heat pumps keep you comfortable whether it’s hot outside or cold.
- Heat pumps are “greener” and more economical than furnaces. Rather than burning fuels like oil or gas to create heat, they use electricity to move heat from one place to another. This process is cheaper than burning fuel, and most people see a corresponding reduction in utility bills. Heat pumps can deliver the same degree of indoor comfort as air conditioners and furnaces, but the operational costs can be 30 to 75 percent less.
- Heat pumps can economically heat hot tubs, hot water heaters and swimming pools. This can reduce utility bills as well.
- Heat pumps perform very well in moderate climates like Columbia, SC, where the summers are hot and the winters are mild. In climates with severe, extreme winters, however, a furnace would be a better option.
- Heat pumps reduce indoor humidity more efficiently than central air conditioners. This means greater indoor comfort at a lower monthly price.
- Mini-split heat pumps can be used in homes that don’t have preexisting duct work. Installing a mini-split heat pump or air conditioner may be a more cost effective option over the construction costs of installing ductwork.
- Cool or heat only the rooms you use. With a zoned mini-split system, you can condition the air in specific rooms without heating and cooling the entire house. This can greatly reduce your utility bills.
- You can qualify for a 30 percent tax rebate. When you purchase a geothermal heat pump installation from Cool Care Heating & Air, you’ll qualify for a tax rebate of 30 percent with no limits. This can reduce installation costs considerably.
Why We Use Bryant Heat Pumps
Bryant’s Evolution Extreme Heat Pump delivers exceptional cooling and heating efficiency in a split system heat pump, qualifying as an Energy Star Most Efficient 2014 model. Through variable-speed operation, the system achieves 20.5 SEER and sound levels as low as 58 decibels in cooling mode. In heating mode, 13 HSPF and operational sound down to 62 decibels maintains a warm and toasty home. Automatically adapting capacity to indoor demands, in mere one percent increments between forty and one hundred percent, ideal temperature is achieved and maintained with minimal energy usage. Evolution Connex Control offers advanced system diagnostics, maintenance notifications, outstanding dehumidification, and the customization benefits of zone control. Quality products equals less heat pump repair and nice warm homes!